Time & Location
Sep 13, 2022, 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM CDT
About the Event
You have a BIG IDEA, and you are excited about it – what is the next step?
Learn more about how to develop your brand, assess and implement your idea, and other resources to get your business running.
Presenter Marylyn Harris - Founder and Executive Director of the country’s first Women Veterans Business Center (WVBC) - will share her strategies for launching and expanding successful veteran-owned businesses
Throughout her career, Ms. Harris has outreached to over 25,000 stakeholders and assisted hundreds of Veteran-Owned Businesses to start and grow.
In this session participants will:
- Learn to start a Woman Veteran (or Military Family) Owned Business
- Learn unique programs for Texas Veteran Business Owners
- Identify transferable skills, strengths, talents and business acumen through personal and business assessment tools
- Develop a business mission, vision, and value proposition
- Develop a Business Plan.
- Experience the entrepreneurship journey of Veteran (Military Family) Owned Businesses through their stories
This training is best suited for women veteran business owners, and spouses of veterans. Please register in order to receive a link to join the Zoom Meeting].
This event is funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration.