Tue, Oct 17|
Excel Financial Functions - Calculating the Time Value of Money
Time & Location
Oct 17, 2023, 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM CDT
About the Event
Interest rates have been so low for so long that some have forgotten that money isn't free.
Ben Franklin knew better, cautioning that; if you would know the value of money, just go and try to borrow some;
As interest rates return to historical norms, it is critical for businesses to deploy their scarce financial resources efficiently. Fortunately, Excel gives us a powerful array of tools that can help us analyze even the most complex financial scenarios.
This live program will explain and demonstrate:
- The kinds of financial calculations Excel can make;
- Setting up your source data for financial calculations, including how to input dates and interest rates so they will be computed correctly;
- The calculation of the Present Value, Future Value and Internal Rate of Return for a stream of payments;
- How to compute payments on a level debt reduction loan like a mortgage; and
- Excel resources for evaluating investments and capital allocation.
There will be plenty of time for questions, so come prepared.
Presenter: Gerald Rosenthal, ComputerImages.com