Time & Location
Jan 11, 2024, 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM CST
About the Event
You have to crawl before you can run, and when learning to code, it’s no different. Whether you’re looking to add basic coding to your skill set, or transition into a coding career, this is the perfect place to take your first steps.
Join us for a free, 2-hour class, get hands-on practice applying the basics of HTML and CSS. You’ll start with learning how programming powers the web, and what it could look like to have a career in software engineering. Then, move on to live practice of basic HTML & CSS syntax to drive it all home — and leave with your own simple website.
Bonus: There will be time at the end for a live Q&A with the instructor.
See you in class.Takeaways
- An understanding of how programming powers the web
- A look into what it’s like to code for a living
- Hands-on practice with basic HTML & CSS syntax
- Confidence to keep practicing your coding skills
- This is an entry level class, so no prior knowledge is necessary.
- We’ll send a prep email with class materials and the Zoom link.
- Note: your mic and camera will be off for the duration of the class.
- A recording will be shared via email after filling out our in-class survey.