Sat, Oct 07|
How to Start and Manage Your Own Business
Time & Location
Oct 07, 2023, 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM GMT-5
About the Event
Do you have what it takes to start and run a successful business? If so, what are the first steps you should take? This workshop will help you assess your prospects, give you the initial direction you need, and inspire you to move forward to realize your dream. In addition, you will have an opportunity to NETWORK with other business-minded people who are considering starting a business.
Topics covered are:
- It all starts with a PLAN - A BUSINESS PLAN
- Marketing for today's small business.
- What is the right legal business structure for my business?
- What should I know about licenses, taxes, and insurance?
- What technology considerations are important for my business?
- An introduction to the financial side of a business. Where do I get funding?
- Our 3-Point approach to Business Education - Basic Business, Business Topic, and Interactive Business Education
- What is needed to start a business
- What are the key parts of a business
- The need for a plan - A BUSINESS PLAN
- What is the next Step-Attend our next Business Plan Workshop
Alan Ludmer: is President of ARL, INC. which provides marketing and management support services to selected entrepreneurial firms, individuals, and not for profit organizations. In addition, he provides individual and organizational career coaching services.
He has over 50 years of professional experience in marketing, management, training and business ownership. He has served in senior management positions in several national corporations, and has developed and implemented sophisticated management, marketing, and training programs for diverse corporate and individual clients nationwide.
Robert Pennell: Building a business takes commitment and determination - not to mention patience. I've successfully developed a business plan, secured institutional financing, recruited necessary personnel, and promoted the start-up of my legal practice so I know what needs to be done. For ongoing success you have to build a loyal client base. In my case that was through personal attention, quality service and consistent follow through but every business model is different. The key is to identify your core market and determine the best way to drive business to that market which is much easier said than done. Through SCORE we can help you to answer these questions. I'd like to be able to help you move your business goals forward through SCORE.
Stuart Epstein: My background in financial analysis, accounting, and financial controls gave me a good overview of what it takes to operate a company successfully. My strengths are in helping companies understand their operations and financial results with an eye to monitoring profitability. With my small company experience, where one learns to wear many hats, I can help business owners with the various aspects of business they need to consider to be successful.