Time & Location
Aug 19, 2022, 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM CDT
About the Event
Regardless of your industry or role, fluency in the language of data analytics will allow you to contribute to data driven decision making.
In this free, two-hour livestream, you’ll learn to understand, analyze, and interpret data so you too can join the data conversation. We’ll cover how to ask the right questions of your data and basic analytic functionality in Google Sheets. Then you’ll apply your new found data analytic skills to a real-world dataset, allowing you to develop recommendations based on your findings. All in real time, taught by an industry professional.
Come learn the basics and gain the skills you need to collect, organize, and analyze real-world data!
What will the livestream learning experience be like?
- Ask questions and build your online network by interacting with fellow classmates and an expert instructor —all in real time via live chatbox and Q&A.
- Complete optional classwork designed to give you a hands-on taste of the subject.
- Learn new skills in the comfort of your own home, or on the go! All participants will be automatically muted with no video.
- Learn to follow a data workflow from identifying a hypothesis to visualizing insights.
- Understand how to build a predictive model.
- Identify ways to strategically use data in your role, and in your daily life.
- Learn how to use data to make informed recommendations.
Ready to continue on your learning journey?
Check out our course catalog to find your next step. Whether you’re looking to enhance your professional skill set in one of our part-time courses, or go for a complete career transformation by enrolling in one of our immersive courses, we’ve got you covered!Preparation
- This class is taken completely online, and requires a computer and a strong internet connection.
- We will provide a link to the platform on the day of the class.
- A second monitor is recommended if you want to follow-along in class.
- You should be familiar with the basic functions of your computer, but no previous experience in data analysis or Google Sheets is required.
- Access to Google Sheets. (If you do not have access, create a free Google account.) NOTE: Some domains block our automated emails, so If you don’t receive sign-in instructions within 1 hour of the livestream, please reach out to email@example.com and we’ll send sign-in instructions right away!