Time & Location
Sep 08, 2022, 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM CDT
About the Event
Interested in learning how to unlock data driven insights with code, but not sure where to start? This Intro to Python class is for you!
In this free, two-hour livestream, you’ll touch on fundamental Python programming techniques and tools, discuss its applications in data analysis and web development — and the types of problems it can solve, then apply your new skills to solve a real-world problem with Python. All in real time, taught by an industry professional.
Come learn the basics and gain the skills you need to write your first Python script!
What will the livestream learning experience be like?
- Ask questions and build your online network by interacting with fellow classmates and an expert instructor —all in real time via live chatbox and Q&A.
- Complete optional classwork designed to give you a hands-on taste of the subject.
- Learn new skills in the comfort of your own home, or on the go! All participants will be automatically muted with no video.
- Learn fundamental Python programming techniques and tools.
- Understand where Python programming fits into the data and web workflow.
- Gain the knowledge and confidence to write your first Python script.
- This class is taken completely online, and requires a computer and a strong internet connection.
- A second monitor is recommended if you want to follow-along in class.
- We will provide a link to the platform on the day of the class.
- For students on Windows, you’ll need Microsoft Windows 8/10 (32- or 64-bit). For those with Macs, you’ll need the Mac OS X 10.8.5 or higher, up to 10.11.4 (El Capitan).
- The latest version of Python (current version 3.7).
To install Python, complete the following:
- Head to Anaconda.com
- Click the button to download the version for Python 3.7.
- Once downloaded, run the installation prompts.
NOTE: Some domains block our automated emails, so If you don’t receive sign-in instructions within 1 hour of the livestream, please reach out to email@example.com and we’ll send sign-in instructions right away!