Sat, Nov 05|
Prairie View A&M Univ. NW Houston Center
Manage Financials & QuickBooks for Your Business in 3 Sessions
Time & Location
Nov 05, 2022, 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM CDT
Prairie View A&M Univ. NW Houston Center, 9449 Grant Rd, Houston, TX 77070, USA
About the Event
Managing and understanding your business financials is a crucial step in the success of your business. To assist you in managing and understanding your financials, LiftFund has partnered with community partner, Prairie View A&M University Cooperative Extension Program's Community Economic Development Unit to bring you a 3-week in-person small business accelerator program called GROW NOW: DIY Financial Management.
Taught by certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor, accounting professor and small business owner, Chris King, this program is designed to teach you how to manage your business finances through 3 hands-on classes that include step-by-step live tutorials, a digital course manual, access to homework and class quizzes.
Thank to generous funding from Bank of America, cohorts will have access to one-hour of FREE on-on-one consultation with a subject matter expert!
NOTE - This is an in-person event in Houston, TX
Don't miss out on this $500 value opportunity for your business!
Want to get the most out of this program? Register and attend all 3 sessions:
- Session 1: 10/29| What Accounts are Important for Your Business?
- Session 2: 11/5| Reconciliation of Balance Sheet Accounts
- Session 3: 11/12| Understanding and Creating Monthly Reports - Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flow Report
HOW TO SECURE YOUR SPOT (LIMITED CLASS SPACE)
To register for the accelerator program, complete two steps:
1.) Register for this event
Please sign up to get the ticket for the event.
2.) Register for the full 3 session accelerator program
This program is made up of 3 sessions. Sign up as a participant of the program for the full learning experience.
IN THESE SESSIONS
During this session, we will help you set up your company in QuickBooks Online. Participants will walk away knowing how to set up bank feeds, create new accounts, invoices, expenses, write checks, and categorize accounts in bank feeds.
Topics covered in these in-depth, 2-hour sessions:
- Intro to Financial Management
- Setup your business in QuickBooks online
- Reconciliation of Balance Sheet Accounts
- How to create the Profit & loss and statement of cash flow report
- Understanding Budgets & Projects
- Setting up Bank Feeds for Asset and Liability Accounts (i.e., banks, credit cards, loans)
- Setting up Category, Product and Services
- Setting Up Invoices (A/R) and Expenses (A/P)
- Module Two Homework Assignment
This is a session for beginners; no prior knowledge is required.
This training is best suited for existing business owners, aspiring entrepreneurs, and women veteran business owners.
In partnership with Prairie View A&M University - Cooperative Extension Program - Community Economic Development Unit
Generous funding provided by Bank of America.